Originally a hunting lodge in the 12th century and castle, owned by Clan MacDuff, in the 13th century, Falkland Palace (right), Fife, was transformed into the Renaissance royal residence by James IV and James V from 1497 to 1541. Designed by Scottish architect David Bryce (1803 - 1876), Falkland Parish Church (left) was finished in 1850 in the Victorian Gothic style. From Lomond Hills. 12.06.2021.
Image dimensions: 6000 x 4000 pixels